Thursday, January 3, 2008

Scripture For Today

Verse: The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of His being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After He had provided purification for sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. Hebrews 1:3, New International Version

Thought: We talk about Mother Nature, but did you know that Scripture identifies Jesus as the power behind the order of our universe? He sustains our world by his powerful word. Not only did he save us by the sacrifice of his life, but he also sustains us by his word. He sustains us spiritually by his word of teaching and sustains our world by his word of power and grace.

Prayer: Please be with me, Almighty God, as I commit to live for you based on Jesus' word. Help me as I seek to understand it and apply it. More than that, dear Father, please help me to come to know you through his words. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen

No comments: