Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Scripture for Today

VERSE: To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted. -- Titus 1:15 http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=Titus+1:15

THOUGHT: Rust stains, grass stains, blood stains, chocolate stains --ARGH! Those stains are real nightmares in the laundry room. Theydon't just leave a stain on the surface of the fabric, but theyalso leave a residue that infiltrates the fibers of our clothes.Evil is that way. We must not kid ourselves. Evil corrupts andleaves a residue that corrupts everything it touches, including thehearts of otherwise decent people. That's why we are urged to stayfar away from evil and avoid its very appearance. That's also whyJesus died: to not only overcome the Evil One, but to also cleanaway the stain and its residue.

PRAYER: Father, guard my path and give me good Christian friends whowill help guard my life from evil. In addition, dear Father, pleasehelp me as I seek to share the cleansing and liberating power ofChrist with those around me who are caught in evil's destructiveand deceptive grasp. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.http://www.heartlight.org/cgi-shl/todaysverse.cgi?day=20080115

No comments: