Friday, February 1, 2008

Scripture for Today

February 1, 2008

VERSE: My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin.But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father inour defense -- Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoningsacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sinsof the whole world. -- 1 John 2:1-2 http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=1+John+2:1-2

THOUGHT: John wants to prevent even one sinful event in the lives ofthose he loves. He is concerned because he knows that even onesinful event can be used by Satan to discourage and defeat us. Weneed to know that we have a Savior and a defender. He paid theprice to redeem us, he sent his Spirit to help us overcome sin'spower, and he will speak to the Father and claim that right toforgive us.

PRAYER: Father, I'm embarrassed by my weakness and vulnerability when Isin. Even in those moments of shame, I'm thankful that Jesusprovided me the way back into your holy presence. Jesus, I thankyou for coming to my rescue and my defense. I will not let Satandiscourage me when I fall. Instead, I re-commit myself to live withyour character and for your glory. In the name of Jesus, my Lordand my defender, I pray. Amen.http://www.heartlight.org/cgi-shl/todaysverse.cgi?day=20080201

No comments: