Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Scripture for Today

February 13, 2008

VERSE: Rend your heart and not your garments. Return to the LORD yourGod, for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger andabounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity. -- Joel 2:13 http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=Joel+2:13

THOUGHT: One of the most amazing things about our God is that he is so gracious and compassionate. This is true even when we've "blown it big time." In fact, when we sin, He longs to forgive and cleanse,not condemn and punish. His grace rushes to greet our genuineheartbreak and heart-change with forgiveness, cleansing, andredemption

PRAYER: Dear Father, when I sin, please help me see my sin as you do. Help my heart break over my sin when I've rebelled against you. Idon't want to ever become callused or cold to your grace. I want toalways appreciate the great cost you paid to redeem, to forgive,and to cleanse me with you grace. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

http://www.heartlight.org/cgi-shl/todaysverse.cgi?day=20080213

No comments: