Monday, February 4, 2008

Scripture for Today

Monday, February 4, 2008

VERSE: But because of His great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy,made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions-- it is by grace you have been saved. -- Ephesians 2:4-5 http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=Ephesians+2:4-5

THOUGHT: We have no claim to bring to God! We have no right to demand salvation! We have no power within us that can hold on to life! Only God's love can bring us life, hope, and grace. Only God'smercy can bring us salvation. Only God's gift of Christ can awakenus from the death-slumber of sin.

PRAYER: Your love, mercy, and grace have saved me, dear Father. What can I do to praise you? You have shown your might, holiness, andmajesty in redeeming me, dear God. What can I do to repay your grace? Your patience, perseverance, and faithfulness have touched my heart and brought me life. How can I ever find the words to say how much I love you? Thank you, dear Father, thank you for all you have done for me. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.http://www.heartlight.org/cgi-shl/todaysverse.cgi?day=20080204

No comments: